Truckee Gymnastics is proud to be the premier gymnastics facility in the Truckee-Tahoe region. We offer a comprehensive gymnastics program for children ages 4 through teens. Parent-child classes ages 1-3 are available through My Playground. Curriculum follows the USA Gymnastics Levels and Safety Guidelines.
Truckee Gymnastics provides a FUN gymnastics program for all students, whether they attend once a week or prefer twice+ per week for faster progression.
The gym is amazing and includes:
Truckee Gymnastics provides instructional classes that help children compete and complements any training program. Whatever your gymnastics goals are, we can help you get there!
What the Experts Are Saying
- School-age youths should participate, on most days of the week, in 60 minutes of various moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA).
- Obesity among our nation’s youth has tripled in the last two decades. Obesity and physical inactivity are major risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- A number of studies have demonstrated that increased physical activity is linked to better school performance.
Sources: Brain Gym®, earlychildhood.com, actionbasedlearning.com, National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Academy of Pediatrics, American Heart Association, American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (Sep/Oct ’07 issue), The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (Sep ’07 issue).
Top 10 Benefits of Gymnastics
- An increase in muscular strength, flexibility and endurance (pound for pound, gymnasts are among the strongest of Olympic athletes).
- The knowledge of how to fall and roll safely for all sports.
- Increased agility, coordination and fundamentals of movement.
- Discipline and self-control.
- Learn to listen and follow rules and directions.
- Social interaction with peers.
- A confident self-image and a positive attitude towards their bodies.
- Gain self-esteem, confidence, and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Learn to set goals.
- Trust in one’s own abilities: move from a world of “I can’t” to “I can”.
- BONUS: It’s FUN!